Futurist Farmer and Alpha Animal
and the Gentleman Farmer
Jim Bruner is an experienced educator, innovator, and inventor dedicated to engaging young people in applied STEM and urban agriculture.
Grow, Maintain, Sustain, Explain
Create frictionless opportunities for people to explore relationships between ecologies, farming, robotics, automation, and applied STEM in a densely populated urban environment.
- Boyd W. Bowden Garden Impact Award for Education and Leadership Awardee in 2023
- Garden Conservancy Future Farm Award to Mezzacello in 2023
- City of Columbus Parks and Recreation Applied STEM in Ag Awardee
- Keynote Speech at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium‘s 2022 Teen Eco Summit
- Franklin Park Conservatory‘s Growing To Green Most Sustainable Farm in Columbus
- Columbus Foundation and Scott’s Miracle Grow Urban Farming Grant
- Columbus CEO Magazine’s #Future50 Change Makers for 2022
- Ohio farm Bureau Foundation Youth Pathways in Agriculture Grant
- City of Columbus Green Spot Award Winner
- Participant in the UN Global Hunger and Crisis Council Conference
- Serial Participant in the Global Innovation Field Trip – Three Years Running
- Executive Director and Board Chair of Ohio Invention Convention
- Mezzacello Urban Farm Became a Program of the PAST Foundation
- Mezzacello Columbus, LLC became a 501(c3) organization
I have met many accomplished scientists but I have never met someone as genuinely excited and enthusiastic about STEM as you and I know you will do great things now that you’re truly taking the time to follow your real passion! You rock, Jim Bruner!Pragati Sawhney-Coder Senior Research DART
Actively exploring the intersection of food, technology, and health in a densely-populated urban environment. Offering tours, workshops, camps, and consultation on urban-ag and applied STEM education.
I sincerely congratulate you on this new direction and all of your past accomplishments and influence. Just know you have been an inspiration to countless people and I am sure countless more! I can’t think of anyone who has done more for our future.Philip Kraus, Director of Marking
Rick and Jim started Mezzacello Urban Farm LLC in 2017. Since then we have been building our brand and vision with a single purpose: