The Foodist: Curried Chicken Salad with Blueberries & Cashews
This is my (Jim Bruner) first The Foodist post! Usually Rick makes these posts (well, he sends me the recipe and I post it. But for this The Foodist: Curried Chicken Salad with blueberries and Cashews, I innovated!
In addition to the curried chicken, I toasted the cashews in a hot pan and substituted blueberry for the grape or apricots the recipe calls for. It turned out great! Even better considering the curried chicken was really tough to eat before I chopped it up into little pieces!
- 3 cups cooked chopped chicken sauteed in curry and mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, pan seared
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 chives, finely sliced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Cut curried chicken breasts into small bite sized pieces.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, honey and salt in a medium bowl
- Add chicken to the dressing
- Roast cashews, chop celery, rinse blueberries and scallions
- Toss well and taste, adjust seasoning and add pinch of cayenne pepper if desired
If you cut the chiken finely, you can serve this on Ritx Crackers as an appetizer! Enjoy!