The Foodist: Daddy-Os Biscuit Eggs Benedict
Richard usually cooks, but when I do, I try to make it simple; I can burn water after all. However when Rick is exhausted, I find inspiration and I whip up something good. I had to share this The Foodist: Daddy-Os Biscuit Eggs Benedict – they were delightful and leftover from last night, so I gave it a shot!
Surprise Ingredients! Gluten-Free Biscuits
Boy am I glad I did! The texture and flavor of the biscuits was pitch perfect beneath fresh butter, a hearty slab of Canadian bacon, fresh hydroponic spinach, fresh duck eggs, and topped by dijon-butter-lemon Hollandaise. It was a perfect match!
- Daddy-O’s Biscuit Mod
- 1 package of Daddy-O’s Gluten-Free Buttermilk Biscuit mix
- 1 tsp fresh chives chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup held in reserve
- Alternate use a package of Knorr’s Hollandaise Sauce Mix
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp flower
- 4 slabs Canadian bacon
- 4 duck eggs
- 3 Tbsp fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 4 cups of water
- Make the biscuits ahead of time; Biscuits a day old are better. Rick added chives and cheddar, rosemary and thyme.
- In a cast iron pan, pan sear the bacon until just crisp. Place them on a plate and keep warm!
- In a sauce pan, mix the milk and 1/4 cup of the butter, the flour, dijon mustard, and lemon, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Lower the heat and stir until the sauce thickens. Pour the thickened sauce into a gravy boat and place in the warming oven with the bacon.
- Slice the biscuits in half and toast them.
- In a ceramic crock, add warm water, 1 Tbsp of white vinegar, and 1 chicken or duck egg. Place in the microwave for 2 minutes and 20 seconds at 60% power or until the egg poaches. Place the poached eggs in a bowl of warm water with the warming ingredients.
- Butter the biscuits. Start stacking the warmed ingredients, butter, Canadian Bacon, spinach leaves, poached egg, Hollandaise sauce, chopped chives, cracked pepper.
- Serve hot. Wait to hear that was delicious!
For a vegetarian option, try substituting the bacon for vegan bacon or some other ingredient mung sprouts. Also, I should probably clean my oven more often. And this is why I am often not allowed to cook in the big boy oven.