The Foodist: Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
This is a very unique recipe for cheesesteak stuffed peppers. We were looking for uses of bell peppers fresh from the garden. we had a bounty of peppers and we wanted to try something new. I decided to try this cheesesteak stuffed pepper recipe I found on Delish.com. Almost everything in this recipe came from fresh from the garden. The herbs, the mushrooms, and the onions and potatoes too. I had to outsource the sirloin beef and cheese. I also added Worcestershire sauce to add depth, and I am really glad I did. It adds a great depth to this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 16 slices provolone
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325º. Place peppers in a large baking dish and bake until tender, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add steak and season with more salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning.
- Add provolone to bottom of baked peppers and top with steak mixture. Top with another piece of provolone and broil until golden, 3 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving
A dash of Worcester on each was a good addition.
I found this recipe on Delish.com