Dinner tonight at Mezzacello is a recipe taught to me during my visit to Normandy, France in 1992. So simple and delightful. I serve it with fresh haricots vert and roasted potatoes.
- 4 pork chops (bone in or butterflied)
- 1 cup applesauce (I used homemade)
- 1 cup Brie slices
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Thaw and dry the pork chops. Sprinkle both sides of the chops with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chops on a flat sheet.
- Place the chops in the oven close to the top burner. Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the chops.
- Spread applesauce on the chops.
- Arrange the Brie pieces stop the applesauce.
- Place the chops back in the oven close to the top burner. Bake for 4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve hot!