Happy Holidays! I made Christmas breakfast! #ProjectMartian style! Blueberry, Thyme, and honey from Mezzacello and homemade butter! Stupid easy! Jim made this so this is foolproof!
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 duck egg (large chicken)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup blueberries mashed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1tsp thyme fine minced
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Crack duck egg and whisk. Add oil and whisk in. Add the eggnog and whisk.
- Pour dry ingredients into a stainless or glass bowl. Add egg oil nog whisked. Wet flour well. Add milk slowly mixing it well to a waffle mix consistency.
- Prepare in a saucepan the blueberries and sugar over medium heat. Stir frequently. Add honey and thyme. Mix well. Let it bubble for a minute or two.
- Prepare waffles. Small waffles are best. The duck egg, nog and compote are rich! Prepare two waffle servings for each person.
- plate waffles. Pour butter on, add a dollop of blueberry, thyme, honey compote.
- Stack two with butter and compote and serve immediately!